
Monday Lila had a long day of dance (choreo session and regular class) so I decided to take and drop Ellie and Lexie off at the swimming pool to swim laps after getting Lila and Steve off. Russ helped me can tomatoes (we had a lot out there when we got back) and then we decided since Steve's Monday meeting and lunch plans were pushed to Tuesday that he'd pick up the girls up from dance and then everyone would go to lunch at Cafe Sabor since the kids eat free on Monday. It was a good outing (Marcus and I stayed home so he could nap and make it a more enjoyable experience for everyone).
Wednesday we took Carole and Russ to the Ogden temple to do the initiatory work for the same names their grandkids had done the baptism work for the week before. It was a neat experience.
On Thursday I had signed up to volunteer in the Mill here to pack meals to be distributed to those in need. I had volunteered because I knew the girls could babysit (I wasn't for sure how long Carole and Russ were staying at the time) I always feel bad when they ask for volunteers during the school year because it is a bit trickier. Anyway, when I got home Andrew was up in the craft room sewing his apron and talking and talking and Grandma and Grandpa were giggling and trying to keep him on task. It was quite the funny thing to hear.
The rest of the week was filled with movies in the Theater room (Carole enjoyed it so much we found her in there really late one night she'd figured out how to run it and was watching a movie), sewing (Grandma helped us complete Lila's summer must do, they made pillows and aprons), games, art and just hanging out on top of normal every day life. Oh and the kids getting spoiled by getting to pick a new toy each time they went to get sewing supplies. It was a good week!


![]() |
| Using their aprons to make dessert. Andrew didn't want to get his dirty even after we explained that exactly what it's made for. |

Last night Grandpa was telling the kids stories from his childhood and they were asking questions and Ellie even got on family search to look at some stuff. It was really a neat experience. He told the girls his birth father's name was Mormon so that was his surname at birth, but then his Mom Helen divorced him and moved away and married Noble Moore who adopted him, but as soon as they got married they sent Russell and Noble's daughter Patty to Chicago to be raised by Patty's Grandmother. Russ will be 80 next year and it was good for the kids to hear stories of how different life was then.
Carole and Russ left Lexie behind to start school at BYU and are in the process of selling their home and their second home the Tahoe rental property and downsize. Life is going to change for them and we hope we get to see more of them. Andrew cried this morning when I said the morning prayer and asked for their safe travels because he just realized they had left. We miss them, but I'm excited for a week to get things ready for school to start in 10 days. . .AHHH! We did manage to get everyone's hair cut this week in preparation.







