One of my friends was surprised I was "allowing" Ellie to signup for choir and orchestra because of all the concerts. I wanted her to be able to explore and find her interests, but yes we are in full swing of concerts now. She has to attend an orchestra concert once a term for orchestra and last week she had her fall choir concert, tonight was the fall orchestra concert and after Thanksgiving there is a benefit concert that they will both be performing at and then the Christmas concerts -- good times. I was glad that I was able to attend these first two concerts because a lot of the concerts fall on Wednesday nights which happens to be when mutual is so with my new calling I didn't how it would all play out. I helped with the choir concert and had a good seat to take pictures. Steve was a trooper and took the boys to get Lila from dance and then brought all the kids for 30 minutes then Marcus was getting restless so he brought them home. It was an enjoyable evening and I appreciate all the work the choir teacher does with 170 girls in Ellie's 7th grade choir -- I think she has over 300 choir students in all. Ellie enjoys it, but I don't know if it's her thing -- she really enjoys orchestra so I think she'll probably continue down that path.

Tonight Ellie had her fall orchestra concert and the teacher said they could wear their Halloween costumes so it was a fun concert and I really enjoyed it.
The teachers are really considerate and try to keep the concerts to 45 minutes so I usually go with Ellie at call time which is 30-60 minutes before the concert. At the choir concert I helped check kids in and at the orchestra concert I read my scriptures while I waited for it to begin. It is some nice peaceful time for me and I enjoy the music. We'll have to take the kids to her next orchestra concert (they couldn't come tonight because Lila had dance and a few other conflicts).