Saturday, February 8, 2020

Birthday Shark

I told Marcus if finally learned to go potty on the potty we would have a party for his birthday. And well that was motivation enough for him. He's doing really well -- we still have an occasional accident, but I'm not using a timer or really reminding him a lot and he's doing so good. This morning Andrew and Marcus got up pretty early so Steve and I got up and started making hootenanny, the requested breakfast (which is really German pancakes -- have no idea how my family started calling it that but it stuck and now my kids call it that). There was one present at the bar ready for him to open and a shirt that said, "Birthday Shark Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo".















So I asked him who we wanted to invite to his party and he listed all of his cousins and siblings so we had a family party. Nessa arranged for us to go swimming at a hotel pool (since the public pools didn't open until noon and Lila needed to be to dance rehearsal at 1). So we swam from 10 to about 11:30.















Then I picked up some lunch with Mimi, Marcus and baby Ari. Marcus was sad when we left the swimming area and nobody else did. He was done swimming, but he said, "why isn't everyone else coming to my party?" I explained we were picking up the food and then everyone would join us. We even had little shark jellos the kids and I had made the day before.














I watched all the kids for a bit while Steve drove Lila to dance and I sent Mimi & Grandpa & Nessa & Ari to visit Grandpa. They had a nice visit and the kids played. I think Marcus had a good birthday! I love my baby birthday shark! He is my side-kick and I love when his little hand slips into mine or when he grabs my face and turns it towards his in hopes that I will really listen or how he is always willing to give me kisses. Happy Birthday Marcus!