We planned to take everyone (but Ellie who would still be in school) skiing today after their virtual classes. We left around noon and were home by 3pm and had an amazing time. There wasn't much terrain open, but we were able to park in the Little Cat parking lot and ski down to the lifts. Steve managed to leave his pass in the car, but they let him ride up and then he went and got it. Marcus was a little nervous going down the first run, but by the second he was making pizza stops like a pro and turning.
We thought we would catch Becker for our 4th run. Steve took Lila and Andrew over to the lift and I had Marcus, but the stinker snow plowed while I was trying to get momentum to get up the little hill to the lift so we didn't make it. We did two more Little Cat runs while they came down. Steve called and said they were having a great time and would meet us at Becker. So Marcus and I managed to make it over there and the liftee said, "It's intermediate terrain." So I hesitated a bit, decided to call Steve who said after he called me they were forced down School Hill and it was scary icy so Marcus and I bailed on Becker and caught up with the other three. We rode the lift back up and Marcus wanted to go to the car for snacks (my food oriented child). Steve wanted to take him over the bumps and he said he wanted to but his desire for a snack was greater. I rummaged through my pockets and found an applesauce packet he inhaled and then decided to do the bumps with everyone.
It was a fabulous last run and we already have plans to go again next Thursday -- we'll get Ellie up this time. Andrew looks so grown-up in his new skis and gear and he can really duck walk to get going on flat ground too. Here's to more outdoor adventures.ok, just getting out this year is a blessing! #letitsnow

