Tuesday, November 9, 2021

COVID Vaccines

Andrew has been praying for the day he can get a COVID vaccine because he knows the girls, Steve and I have. So last week when it was approved I got online and scheduled appointments for the boys. Davis health is doing a drive by clinic. Unfortunately the timing was off a little and we waited in line for 50 minutes before getting their vaccines, but it was simple and they woke up the next morning feeling fine. I was grateful the nurse went over a few of the common side affects: fatigue, swollen lymph nodes (which happened to Ellie), and loss of appetite. I decided to schedule their 2nd dose a little earlier in the day and check Andrew out to hopefully miss the after school rush. As we were waiting the allotted 15 minutes afterwords, enjoying the lollipops and admiring the stickers Andrew said, "some kids in my class were wearing the vaccine stickers on their foreheads today." I laughed and asked him if we wanted to wear his to school and he said, "Yes, but not on my forehead." Then we went and picked up In-N-Out for dinner because Marcus wanted a burger and ice cream so their neapolatin shakes won our business for the night.