of the season. We talked about taking everyone skiing today because it's Ellie's Friday off from school, but she has one college class she is working hard to finish up on time so she opted out, Lila had a presentation at school, Marcus said he had to go to school for a secret project (I'm sure a parent Christmas gift), and then Andrew is always in to go skiing. Unfortunately I woke up with a headache and had been ignoring some lower back pain for a couple of days so I decided to a go back to bed while Steve attended a meeting (he's been working from 9am to 3am the next morning because he's had two guys out at testing sites, one in Korea and one in Malayasia he's been supporting) and then I went to the chiropractor and he got me realigned, yay! Then Steve and I ate lunch before checking the boys out an hour early. I still could not convince Marcus to go skiing so he stayed home with Ellie. So the three of us got ready and loaded up to go. While we driving up I saw the sign that carpool lot A is for 3 or more so I told Andrew he just earned his ticket to go with us any time because it gets us into lot A. 😂
We knew it would be cold, like a high of 15, but it was supposed to be sunny. As we were driving up you could see some clouds hanging to the mountains and there was a little wind and snow at the top so colder than we anticipated. We rode the Gondola up and then Andrew wanted to do Wild Cat but as we reached the top he admitted he was getting cold so we decided to ski down to the Gondola again to warm up a bit and that might be our last run. We went down Needles and it was the best snow we had all day. As we got to the bottom there was no line for the Gondola so we decided to do that run one more time for a 4th and final run. When we got to the top it was sunny and there were less people on the runs, it was our favorite run of the day. It was a good ski day with my boys! 💓
