Sunday, June 7, 2026

6-7

I noticed June 7th or 6-7 was coming and told the boys about it. Saturday they were brainstorming ways they could bear their testimonies and say 6-7. Steve told them they had to be sly about it . . . then if you can believe it a gentleman in our ward bore his testimony and said "I was reading verses 6&7" and the boys did the infamous hand gesture and smiled. Guess I should just be glad they were paying attention. 😉😂 The boys came home and started working on their knitting kits again while I was at choir. Andrew was being so patient and showing Marcus how to do it that I had to take a picture because most of the time he's just annoyed with him.

 

Steve was a trooper and printed 67 miniature ducks we could hide around the house. I had been trying to think of something fun to do all weekend but couldn't come up with anything until Sunday morning and wouldn't you know our internet went down so we had to wait until after church to start printing. I feel like there just seems to be enough little things going wrong that our complicating life right now; like some of the soffit on our patio started falling, we had two sprinklers the landscaper broke and had to come fix (not too happy with their work on the last project, loved them with the xeroscape in the front, thus is life), then another sprinkler broke, there is a slow leak in the valve system of the sprinklers, work has been crazy for Steve, and we tripped a circuit which caused the deep freezer to go down but thankfully we noticed fairly quickly to get it back up. I feel bad all these little things piling up. Anyway, internet got back up Steve printed and then we gave the kids this card:



They had fun searching all over the house for them. At one point they had 6 left downstairs and 7 upstairs. . .HAHA 6-7. It took them almost an hour to find them all. We also fasted and talked about ways we can draw closer to the Savior this summer and each set a goal to do that.