Sunday, June 21, 2026

Summer Haps

I don't know what happened to the lazy days of summer, life has been flying by and we are trying to soak up every minute we can. Marcus had a piano recital where he played, Families Can Be Together Forever and Hedwigs Theme. He worked so hard and did so well. I was proud of him. Lila and I took him to ice cream after visiting with the residents at the assisted living place for a while (Steve and Andrew were at mountain biking practice). 

I ordered a Crunchlab set for the boys to work on over the summer. They were so excited and did 3 in one weekend (going to have to slow that down).


Lila started working at Culvers. The first day was rough, it was  busy evening and she didn't get trained real well and was left to work a register by herself. Proud of her for going back the next day which went better.

 

Marcus has been good about helping me with big projects around the house like cleaning off the patio, cleaning out the garage, organizing the pantry and then finding creative things to do like making a giant gameboard. I was really impressed with some of his drawings

 

Lila, Marcus, and I did a little tie-dye project while Steve and Andrew were at mountain biking practice one evening. They turned out really cute and Marcus likes to wear his hat, shirt, and socks all together. He even wore his tie-dye socks to church. 😂 I've been trying to do something special with Marcus every Monday night while Steve and Andrew are gone and Lila was around this one too so it was fun to include her on the project.


Andrew and Marcus have been attending a VEX workshop that a parent is hosting at their house and I find them drawing ideas and discussing things on whiteboards.

Andrew working on his online PE class.

 

The kids love seeing Ellie and Kodiak for Sunday dinner.

Ellie and Lila attended the WSU Alumni meeting and got free frazils on their way home.


 

Just a relaxing afternoon enjoying some coloring, knitting and some days we find ourselves in the pool. Lila is also good about reading to the boys at night once in a while still which they just love and she enjoys it too. 💗

  

As you can see from all of my comments like "Steve and Andrew were at mountain biking" they have been busy with the mountain biking team. They practice Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Seriously probably close to 20 hours away from the house with travel time and everything. The last two weekends they have had to travel to the race courses to practice. Last weekend they stayed in Logan because they were biking Beaver and were able to attend the Logan Temple together.

 

Most recently they went to Moab to do the race course. Andrew really enjoyed that course even though it was 100 degrees when they started. Then Saturday morning they biked Bar M trails and had a good ride. Andrew even went around for a third lap with a group. I hope they are truly enjoying this time together and developing their relationship more. 



There you have some of our happenings. Steve and I are both prepping today for next Sunday, he speaks and I teach Relief Society (Happy Father's Day preparing a talk, don't worry I'm smoking some ribs and have cheesecake for a yummy celebration and break). Life is good! We truly enjoy the time we get to spend with the kids and pray that they know of our love for them and our Heavenly Parents as we navigate this life together.