Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Homework Fun

Lila thinks she is the teacher. :)


I know this sounds crazy, but we enjoy homework here--okay it is only kindergarten homework, but we enjoy the dedicated time to learn and work together.  I have also had the opportunity to volunteer in Ellie's classroom a couple of times which has been fun to see what she does and learn how to better help her learning experience.  We have improved her writing numbers, number recognition with double digits, and counting past 100.  She can sight read about 10 words now and is making tremendous progress on sounding out words.  The school started the Book-It program this month which I have fond memories of as a kid--you know you read so many days a week and you get a certificate for a free personal pan pizza at Pizza Hut.  Ellie is so excited about this.

I also try to have some fun teaching moments with Lila.  She likes telling me all her colors and can count to 20 as long as you get her past 4 (for some reason she starts at 1 goes to 5 then 3 then 4 but once she hits 7 it smooth sailing all the way from there).

Love these little monsters!