Thursday, October 20, 2011

Over the River to Mimi's House We Go

Ellie is in year around school and is on a break for a couple of weeks and Grandpa went fishing in Canada and left Mimi all alone so we decided the girls should stay with her for a few days to keep her company.  I have to admit, I was nervous.  I have only left the girls on a couple of occasions: *I left Ellie with Steve for a long weekend when she was about 9 months old so I could attend the sealing of a dear friend in the DC temple--I got snowed in and ended up staying a couple of days longer than planned.  *We left Ellie with Mimi for 5 days so we could celebrate our 5 year anniversary in Florida.  *I let my Mom take both of the girls back to her house on a plane so that I could attend girls' camp.  So it is still a relatively novel thing for me to do.  I kept telling myself they would only be a couple hours away and I could go get them any time.  Steve and I drove them up on Sunday after church and got them settled.  They love their grandparents and I enjoy seeing the relationships they build with them and each other as they spend time away.  Mimi took them to see Cars 2, they went out to lunch with extended family, went shopping, and made sweater dresses.  I'm off to get them today and totally excited to see them again!