Friday, October 14, 2011

Shining Star, Ellie

Steve picked Ellie up from today by himself because Lila had fallen asleep on the couch so I stayed home so she could continue sleeping.  Ellie burst in the door and came back to the room where I was so excited to tell me something and Steve says, "I think she got some kind of award or something."  I guess they called her to the office to take her picture and presented her with a Shining Star (they are the Antelope All-Stars) award.  She got a cool pencil that is heat sensitive and changes colors, a gift certificate for a free milk-shake (she said she could have chosen a sandwich, but wanted the shake), and a certificate with a note from her teacher that says, "Ellie is a great Shining Star! She works hard in her school work. She also knows our school and classroom rules and remembers what she should do.  I love having her in our class!"  Way to go, Ellie!