Thursday, November 28, 2013

Our Little-Big Feast

With a new baby we knew we wanted to stay home for Thanksgiving and it so happened that my siblings had plans to be with the in-laws, so my parents came down and we had a simple sweet Thanksgiving.

Andrew had a rough night Wednesday so Steve & I were pretty tired. I let Steve sleep in while I fed Andrew and got breakfast going. My Mom got the turkey and stuffing in the oven and then I made roll dough so it could be rising. I saw this cute idea how to make the rolls look like turkeys and I knew my girls would love it. I gave them a quick demonstration and some instructions and decided they could use food coloring markers to decorate them with and they loved it. I think this will have to be a new tradition for us.




We also had mashed potatoes & gravy (Steve's favorite), candied yams (so delicious), and there was supposed to be a salad, but I was feeding Andrew when dinner was being set and didn't get the salad made nor did I make the fresh cranberry sauce like I had planned (I'll have to use them with the leftovers somehow). Anyway, the girls tried everything and we had a simple, but delicious meal and the company was GREAT!
Sorry, Mimi I didn't mean to cut your head out of the picture and Grandpa is blinking, but it is the only picture we took--memories. ;)


The girls were in charge of coloring the place-mats for everyone. We were going to write why we were grateful for that person on the back, but we ran out of time so we went around the table and said one thing we were grateful for and then said why we were grateful for each person. The girls loved it and kept us going and kept coming up with new things they loved about everyone.


On Tuesday the girls both came home from school with festive headbands so for a bit we had a turkey and an Indian running around our house. ;)
 

It was really nice to be able to chill in our home and enjoy each other. We let the girls watch a movie upstairs while the adults watched a movie downstairs and then we had apple pie and pumpkin streusel for dessert. Then we played Just Dance. The girls are getting so good at that game and it is fun as adults to get a workout and laugh at our good moves. ;)


We finally got a picture of Grandpa and Grandson. Aren't they handsome!