Thursday, November 6, 2014

Officially One!

Andrew is officially one--even though Lila said, "He doesn't look different. I don't think he is really one". I cannot believe how fast the last year has gone and how much has happened.  We are so blessed and so grateful for Andrew to be a part of our lives.  He thinks he is so funny and after he performs something for you he looks at you and laughs like, wasn't that so funny.  He can get down off the couch by himself pretty effectively, but still makes me nervous because occasionally he just likes to flop backwards almost going over head first.  He doesn't bother outlets unless there is something plugged in to it and then he unplugs it and tries to plug it back in.  He has the fastest bear crawl in the west, especially when he is trying to chase down his sisters or get into an open bathroom before being noticed.  He can empty a kitchen cupboard in 10 seconds.  And he has the cutest scrunchy face he makes with some heavy breathing that cracks us up.  We made his favorite scrambled eggs for breakfast and the girls gave him a straw sippy cup.

After dinner we gave him a mini cupcake.  At first he gently picked it up, then he licked it, then he remembered what it was and he shoved the whole thing in his mouth.







 




















Then one more present--we saved the one from us.  When I told Steve that I had bought Andrew a Little People castle for his birthday Steve thought it sounded girly.  Then I told him it came with a knight and a dragon and he kind of shrugged and then I mentioned the catapult, at that point he was sold-boys.  

Andrew caught the cold that has been passed around our house so he hasn't been too happy this week, but we still love him!  Happy Birthday my little scallywag!