We decided to celebrate Andrew turning one on Steve's birthday as a joint celebration while Mimi & Grandpa were in town. We had pirate hat crafts, served baked potatoes and home made chilli. Then we served cup cakes or pumpkin cheesecake swirled brownies and ice cream.

The kids had a treasure map to follow where at the end they found pirate treasure. They did great following the map--Steve doubted my map drawing skills, but it was a success. It was a lovely party, we enjoyed chilling with the Durbanos, Olenslagers, and Mimi & Grandpa. Andrew then opened presents. He wasn't quite sure what to do, but enjoyed his gifts once he got to them. :)
Later we went to Dickeys and enjoyed some barbecue food with Mimi and Grandpa. Andrew also got his first ice cream cone from Grandpa.
He would actually snort the ice cream up his nose because he would just hold it to his face--his faced turned bright red so I took away the ice cream cone and there were screams. He's getting pretty good at screaming when he doesn't get his way. Right now he is standing next to me with the desk drawer open grabbing whatever he can pens, hole punch, rubber bands, oh wait you can't have the stapler--screams. Steve was a trooper sharing his day with Andrew--I don't think we'll do that to often because I do like to make Steve's birthday special. He did get to go on a bike ride and I did make him a delicious breakfast upon his return before I had to scurry off to the ward baptism. Arrr! (pirate shout-out) to the two very special men in my life!

