Sunday, March 8, 2015

Finishing the Break

The kids and I enjoyed a quick trip to Idaho--the girls loved visiting the great grandparents and were so sad that we did not see them again before we left on Wed, but I was ready to get home.  We came home to find Steve sick so we spent a couple of days taking care of him.  Then Friday we went to the Natural History Museum to see the new exhibit 'Extreme Mammals' before our membership expired the next day.  The kids loved going with the cousins and Andrew loved exploring on his own feet and when we needed to contain him he didn't mind being put back in the stroller.
We gave the kids coins to put in the dinosaur at the beginning he makes a "ROAR" when the coin goes down.  Andrew didn't really want to do it and Siena kept her coin and tipped the ticket guy--it was hilarious.










Venessa and I made a quick stop at Trader Joe's to buy a few things.  I always get some of their yummy pizza dough so we made pizzas that night for dinner.

Then we had Monday the 2nd off still which I thought was kind of weird, but I really enjoyed it.  I bribed the girls to help me clean the whole house then I took all the kids to lunch at the Olive Garden.  It went well and we had a great time.  The girls then watched the new Tinker Bell movie--the NeverBeast.  Then Tuesday brought the school routine back into play and of course it snowed--I wish it had when we were on break so we could have taken the kids skiing in some fresh powder, but no such luck.

But we did decide to take the kids skiing on Saturday and try out Snow Basin since we had not been there yet.  It was super busy there and we had a good time, but it was not our greatest skiing experience of the year.  That evening we got to watch Anson while Jake & Marcee went to dinner at Corbins.  He was so adorable we tried to talk them into leaving him with us for longer, but no such luck--it's like they love him or something. ;)
So cute! Do you see Andrew in the background--he was so excited that our attention was diverted so he could play with the tv remote and all the other things he never gets to do.