Andrew had his first sleepover by himself. Mimi decided she would stay and watch Andrew so I could go on Lila's field trip today. She came down last night to see the girls and decided to take Andrew home with her instead of coming down again early in the morning. Andrew was so excited he never fussed, waved good-bye to us from Mimi's car and off they went. Mimi said he chatted the whole way to her place.
Lila loved the field trip and riding the bus for the first time. She looked over at me after a few minutes on the bus and said, "this is so so so so fun." I said I'm glad you're having fun. "No Mom, SO SO SO SO fun!"
Other things I want to remember: whenever I hold Andrew on my hip, he takes his back arm and wraps it around my arm in a kind of death hold that makes it impossible to pass him off to anyone--he started that in his stranger danger phase, but continues to do it. also he does not walk any where he runs--you can hear the little pitter patter of his feet as he trots around the house. :)
Summer Fun
11 years ago
