Saturday, April 23, 2016

Good News the Final Week of Break

This last week kind of passed by in a fog.  Steve woke-up Monday not feeling too great and decided to work from home.  The girls had a couple of friends over (the same ones we've had over each break so the Mom can work).  They had a blast playing outside all day and we even made a little Mother's Day craft.  It was a great day until the end when I got hit by the bug.  Tuesday I drug myself up to the school with Ellie at 7:40, she had ballroom and put up the teacher appreciation bulletin boards I had volunteered to do for the girls 3 teachers. Steve started feeling better so he went to work, he had a big presentation that day and I muttled through the day.  That evening I was feverish and really not feeling well so I texted Steve to make sure he would be home in time to help get the kids to bed. He obliged and took the baby that night even though he was still not 100%. 

Wednesday I had scheduled Lila's follow-up at Primary Children's Urology.  She was not happy about having to do that test with the catheter again, but when we met with the doctor after the imaging tests we got good news.  She no longer has reflux to the kidneys--YAY!!  She never has to do that test again.  The doctor said she may still be prone to UTIs so to keep her drinking lots of fluids and using the restroom frequently, but the kidneys are safe.  She then said, "well I guess you're done with me."  And I said, "well we had a baby in February they think may have double ureters."  She said, "oh maybe you're not done with me. kidney reflux does tend to run in families."  She then gave me a few helpful hints and we'll just wait until he gets his follow-up ultrasound in a few months to see what happens.  Mimi was nice to say in town so she could watch the other three kids. On the way home I got a phone call from the eye doctor saying they had messed up our appointments for the next day and if we could come in that afternoon.  So when we got home I gathered up the older 3 kids, left Marcus with Steve who was meeting with a friend of Jake's about working on the basement, and we headed to the eye doctor. Mimi came and got Ellie so she could run her back to piano lessons.  The kids eyes are good and Dr Jensen (a neighbor friend) was great with them.  He even took the time to talk with me about my stye problem. It made for a super crazy day, but it was done. I met my sister and Mom at Olive Garden for a birthday dinner for Nessa and Mom again--they got free dessert. My stomach was still not doing great so I took most of my food home. Thursday we took it easy--it was a lovely day so the kids played outside and we did a couple of chores.  

Friday, was Venessa's birthday so we had her kids over for a few hours so she could enjoy lunch with Nate and do a couple of errands.  I managed to juggle the 7 kids and we had a good afternoon.  Today we did a little yardwork before the bad weather rolled in then we've been relaxing (the nasty stomach bug is still haunting us a bit) and talking about the basement plans.  Oh and Steve put in an extra shelf in Lila's closet which will be nice especially this time of year when you could where a short sleeved shirt one day and long the next.  I can't believe the kids will start school again on Monday . . . this break flew by and I could have used a few extra days because now there are no breaks until July 1st when school gets out for the year, hold on!