Sunday, May 14, 2017

Happy Birthday Mom

that's what Andrew kept saying. I guess he doesn't understand there's a special day for Mom's and so he made it a birthday celebration. He even insisted on singing and told Steve to get the camera ready when Steve brought out the present. :)



Steve made me my favorite breakfast, eggs benedict and then I gave him this slow cooker fajita recipe I wanted put in the crockpot for dinner. It was fabulous to have him cook. Seriously, I didn't feel rushed getting ready for church and doing the girls hair. It was fabulous. Ellie had asked Steve to wake her up at 6:30am because she wanted to make breakfast so I think she felt a little shafted that Dad did all the cooking, but soon soon enough I'm dreaming of breakfast in bed for both Steve and I. :)

It was a fabulous weekend. The girls and I got our hair cut on Friday. Ellie got a cute little shoulder hair cut for the summer and to help blend in her growing out bangs. I also went short for the summer. Then Steve took the older 3 to the Kaysville theater to see the Batman Lego movie. Lila proclaimed it the best day ever to get a haircut and see a movie. Then we played outside and after the kids were in bed Steve and I left Ellie in charge and snuck out to get frozen yogurt and buy some dining room chairs that were on sale to match this custom table I'm ordering.

Saturday we played tennis at the park again while Ellie had practice. We showed up a little before her practice this time so she could play tennis for a bit. When we got home Steve emptied the van to pick-up chairs from the night before while the kids and I watched our episode of Master Chef Junior. :) When he got back I cleaned the van before putting everything back in. Then I was in such a cleaning mood I starting posting things on KSL that I've been wanting to get rid of and guess what by the end of the day everything was gone and we made a little money in the process. Love days like that. Honestly, I told Steve it was a perfect weekend of fun, productivity, and cleaning that just made me happy!

I'm so grateful for my husband, my children, my parents, and extended family. The kids sang in church today, "The Family is of God". It was the first time Andrew got to sing in sacrament meeting and so I've been practicing the song with him at night and I know the family is of God and am so grateful for that knowledge and the strength and comfort it provides me. Here are the words to the first verse:

Our Father has a family,
It's me, it's you, all others too we are his children.
He sent each one of us to earth, through birth,
To live and learn here in families.
God gave us families to help us become what he wants us to be.
This is how he shares His love.
For the family is of God.