Saturday, June 10, 2017

1st Week of Summer

We've had a great first week of summer. I printed out a summer schedule that shows what activities we have going on on certain days, chores we would be doing, and goals I have like to run in the morning, coding days for the girls, our history class and a project day (there are lots of fun project ideas in the book we just haven't had time to do any). All the kids love the idea of the schedule and don't worry there's still plenty of free-time I haven't scheduled every minute of the day it was just to help us be productive and have fun.

On Monday, I put Andrew down for a much needed rest (nap). He was sad to stop playing with the girls, but I promised him they would still be here when he woke-up. He came out of his room after nap, sat at the top of the stairs and started crying. I asked him what was wrong and he said, "you said the girls would still be here and I can't see them." I told him they were in the computer room coding and he jumped up excited and ran down to see them. So cute he sure loves playing with the girls!

The girls are enjoying their tennis and art class that started this week. The boys and I found a story time during tennis class we will be going to. 

Lila had her spring dance recital. My parents were here for a doctor appointment so they came to the recital and afterwards my Dad said, "you couldn't tell she was having fun. she had the hugest grin on her face the whole time." It's true--she had a ball and when I went to hug her she went straight past me to the flowers Mimi had waiting for her. ;)

 Our history lesson was about the Great Wall of China which I found fascinating and so did the kids especially since Lila is learning Chinese they find any lesson about China extra interesting. Did you know they built sections of it 4 inches at a time by compacting sand? Crazy! It took several hundred years to build and 300,000 people died working on it. 

Friday the kids played outside for several hours together. It was heaven to have them be so kind to each other and get along so well. Venessa brought her kids down that evening and we had a casual little barbecue and let the kids play in the water toys. Then I took the girls to the Clearfield Aquatic Center for Lila's dance group party (she kept asking me all day if they could go). It was free and the girls had a great time swimming together so I'm glad we went.

We played tennis again on Saturday while Ellie had softball practice. Marcus decided he wanted to play this time. :)

 
Ellie got her own library card today after their movie piano recital where they both performed wonderfully. Gotta love summer reading.

For our date night, Steve and I tried this new Mexican restaurant near us that was yummy. We'll be going back especially since I was too full to try their fried ice cream. :)