Friday, June 16, 2017

Moore Communication

Marcus is not saying too many words yet which is later than my other kids, but he has been my earliest mover and at his last appointment the doctor said sometimes when they are real movers language doesn't develop until 18 months to 2 years. So he wasn't worried. He definitely has found his own way to communicate. He points at the fridge when he wants milk. He waves his hand and shakes his head while saying, "uh, uh, uh" if he doesn't want something. I've tried to get this on camera, but every time the camera comes out he stops and smiles. :) The other day I said, "I love you." and in return he made a kissy noise. It was so cute. Steve also started letting him climb the stairs to go to bed so now any time we put him on the stairs to climb to bed he just sits at the bottom refusing to go up because he knows he's going to bed. Silly boy. One other signature move of his is when he gets close to you he'll turn around and back up in to you to sit on your lap. It's pretty cute.

Andrew oh Andrew he says the funniest things. This morning just to prove my sleeping-in post wrong he got up at 6 am. I was not happy because I had a hard time going to sleep last night and had gotten up at 5:44 yesterday so I was extra tired this morning. I tried to get him to sleep on our couch, but instead he just messed with the blinds annoying me so I asked him to go into the toy room and instead he just played with toys in our room. At this point I was desperate so I gave him the tablet and told him to play quietly. Then we hear him yell, "YES, BABY! I'm winning!" Well because he was up early and I didn't sleep well we were both a little cranky for our activity day hike this morning, but we still had a good time. :)

One other thing he said, last week, when we were watching a dance show and someone did a cool move he excitedly squealed and said, "Whoa, Lila you got to teach me how to do that." He looks up to them and loves having them teach him things.