Friday, June 2, 2017

Farewell to School and a Friend

Not gonna lie this last week was crazier than I anticipated, field day, field trips, special celebrations, Mom/me got sick, Andrew throwing up all Wed night, Lila got a UTI, softball craziness, expensive van repairs and garage door breaking, and then I decided on Thursday to throw a farewell party for one of Ellie's friends. She had asked me at the beginning of the week if she could play with Brooklyn one more time before they moved--life had been so crazy I just hadn't gotten to it, but couldn't shake the idea so finally Thursday it cleared a little and I contacted her mom Sarah and asked if she would be available and some friends she would like to invite and then I whipped up an invitation and emailed it out hoping girls could come. I also let Lila invite a few friends (unfortunately not many of her friends could make it, but the couple who came had fun with Lila).


I went to the store Thursday night during Ellie's warm-up and got a watermelon, otter-pops, pizza rolls, and some oreos for the party (FYI--turned out to be good snacks). Then I ran to the pharmacy to try and pick-up Lila's prescription for the UTI . . . I waited in the drive through line for 20 minutes and was so frustrated because I had the three younger kids in the car and didn't want to drag them into another store and hello the drive through should not take 20 minutes for one customer. Then I realized I left my phone at the last store so I pulled out of line drove back  to the original store got my phone. Drove to Ellie's game where we caught the last half and then went back to get the prescription. At this point I decided we needed ice cream so we went to McDonald's and got $.59 cones. Then we came home and it was overcast and lovely outside so I let the kids play until almost 8:30 . . . as I was thinking how does one softball game consume my life from 4:50-7pm (ok I ran a few errands in there, but really . . .) and school's almost over right so I don't have to stress about bedtimes so much.

I asked Steve to help me for a couple of hours Friday morning (he was a trooper and spent the whole day with me helping and watching the boys when needed). We put up the slip-n-slide again, the bike wash, put up the volleyball net, put out the new frisbee golf set we just got, and Steve streamed music outside.We also had a little photo booth and a notebook for the girls to write a little note to Brooklyn with their email/phone number to stay in touch. Really the party went great. Girls had a good time. I sat out on the patio sipping a Dr. Pepper, taking pictures in the photo booth, wrestling the boys and rotating snacks. It was a great afternoon and the girls had fun! I'm so glad we did it!

Andrew took these photos with our carpool buddy, Cecily. We had them over for rootbeer floats after school on Friday before the big party. We love our carpool buddies!!