While we were watching the Olympics last month Steve said one of the skiers in an interview said if it snowed over 6" my parents let me skip school to go skiing. Steve thinks we should adopt a similar policy. ;) The girls had no school today and it has been snowing a bit around here and the girls have been wanting to go to Powder Mountain (as a matter of fact Ellie was a little upset Steve went with Uncle Doug when he was here -- she had a dance competition that day any way). So we've been waiting for a good weather day and the stars aligned for today.
We used Ellie's passport which had a BOGO Adult coupon so we basically paid half price for all of us to go skiing and we had an awesome day! The weather turned out to be perfect. We were a little worried because weather.com showed it being a little chillier than we had planned and then there was a fog as we started heading up the canyon, but we drove right through it and it was clear and sunny at the top. They also had a light dusting of snow last night (like 3 inches) and because it was Monday there was hardly nobody there and we just had a blast.
When we first arrived we went to get the tickets and use the restroom and Lila was looking a little uneasy like on the verge of tears and I asked her what was wrong and she said her tummy hurt. Which had me worried because at 1am Andrew came in and said his tummy hurt, but he was fine in the morning, but then when Lila said it I thought, oh no did we catch a stomach bug that is just getting us. Then I remembered her and Ellie read in the car on the way up the canyon and told her that I think she was just a bit car sick. So we walked back to the car got a cracker and put our gear on and she was doing better. And after our fourth run which the girls decided to do a Black Diamond, Lila turned to me and said, "I'm so glad I didn't have to go home sick." Bless her little heart.
The girls were skiing great and Steve was loving all the powder he was finding off in the trees. The girls even followed him out there several times. I tried a couple of times, but not my thing (it's really hard on my knee) and I had a colossal crash and decided, I'll stick to the groomers. We did a couple of black diamonds several times and just really enjoyed the day.
The drive home took us longer than anticipated and we were late getting back to the babysitter (I felt so so bad). As we walked in the door, Andrew said, "why did you come home so early." I said, "we are late and I was stressing the whole way home about getting back to you." Glad he was having such a good time with the babysitter because that is seriously one of the downsides of skiing for me is leaving the boys behind. So we bought Marcus some skis so next year he can come with us a few times and it will be some great family times!
Summer Fun
11 years ago

