After we got the girls off to school we decided to run a few errands. Steve told Andrew he couldn't bring his new pencil on the ride because he didn't want to lose any pieces and Andrew said, "the bunnies like to go for rides, Dad." They came with us. :)
When the girls got home from school we loaded up in the van with Mimi and Grandpa and went out to Antelope Island. The kids were super excited to have a beach day. Steve and I realized it had been 5 years since we'd taken them out there. Marcus fell asleep on the drive so we went for a little ride around the island and then back to the beach area. And since it's been a rough winter we had to hike a little ways out to the beach, but the kids were great about it and helped carry stuff. We setup and then let the kids play.
Marcus was all about the bubbles and there was a gentle enough breeze he could just pull it out and the breeze would blow the bubbles. I held the bubble container for a bit and he would whip it out so fast Mimi and I would get splattered with bubbles. Then I let him hold it for a little bit until he dumped one completely out with the stunned face like, what is happening. Grandpa called it a learning experience.
We got out the kites and Marcus thought it was cool and wanted to hold it and then let go and then chase it down while saying, "I'll get it. I'll get it." Andrew enjoyed holding the kite too and then Marcus realized I was taking pictures and totally photo bombed, "cheese".

Grandpa got out the Cinderella kite (he thought it was Elsa and we had to quickly correct his princess mishap ;). It was a different shape so he wanted to see how it would fly. Then he and Mimi had a kit flying contest to see who could get their kite the highest--silly grown ups. And Marcus joined Panca on a walk down the beach to stretch his legs.

After 3 hours at the beach we decided to pack it up, but before we left we had to snap a picture of Mimi and Panca there first time to the island and to touch the Salt Lake. It was a great start to our spring break.





