Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Everything is Awesome - Andrew is 5

I kept teasing him that we were going to have to skip November 6th and every time he got really sad -- I thought eventually he would know I was teasing, but I guess the day meant so much to him that just the thought of not having his birthday upset him. He got up at 6:30 this morning - I was already up - thank you daylight savings (NOT!). He looked around and found his birthday banner which you can't really tell but it's a Lego Happy Birthday and stood under it and said take a picture Mom then put his hand up to show he's 5.


He loves to help me cook so for his birthday we made banana pancakes and he mixed, flipped and served.


He had is first official friend birthday party today and was so excited.
 

We had a fun afternoon of designing (that's the word Andrew used and I liked it) Lego glasses, making Lego cars and racing them down the track Steve made us, enjoying Lego treats, a Lego book,  and freeze dance to The Lego Movie soundtrack.





He played all afternoon with a transformer toy he received - it was a real deal complicated one and it took him and I about 30 minutes to figure it out. We ate pizza and had some Lego movies from the library to enjoy. Then when Steve got home we did family presents and cake. We also told him he will be starting violin lessons tomorrow which he is excited about.


You make us laugh and want to pull our hair out at the same time. You're smart and really getting close to reading this year. You told me today your favorite color is green. And I love playing games with you even when you beg me every minute for hours on end. Happy birthday buddy!