Monday, November 26, 2018

Turkey Turkey Turkey

Andrew has been saving two movie tickets he won from the eye doctor to go see Wreck it Ralph 2 (I think it's official title is Ralph Breaks the Internet -- but that's not what it's called around here). So Monday night I sent Steve out on a few errands and to get tickets to the movie Wednesday morning. All the kids thought it was great. The timing worked out well for us and we enjoyed the time together. The kids liked the movie, but to be honest it was not the same fun kid movie as the first one.


We grabbed some burgers for lunch on our way home then Steve had to go to work for a couple of hours. He managed to pull it at the same time as his parents arrived. We were blessed this year to have Carole, Russ, & Lexi join us for Thanksgiving. We visited for a bit and relaxed. After dinner I took all the girls shopping, Lexi needed some more winter clothes. Carole was nice to buy each of the girls a couple of things and a toy for the boys. Andrew got this new game Rubiks Race and it was played a lot this weekend along with lots of other games along with a new cooperative game I got for the kids where everyone works together to complete the goal for the game (so no winner--man am I tired of hearing, "I win"). Seriously we played a ton of games this weekend and one of the funniest points was when we were playing Apples to Apples and the word was Filthy and Ellie put in House Guests which made us all crack up since we had house guests.
















We had a lovely Thanksgiving meal. I didn't take a picture :( but it was yummy and we all enjoyed sitting down together. And then we enjoyed turkey leftovers the rest of the week as turkey pot pie, turkey noodle soup and some yummy turkey sandwiches.

Then Friday morning we decided to go to the aquarium. I knew the mall would be crazy because of Black Friday shopping and I thought the aquarium might have a sale so we could get a membership again and it all worked out great. Even Carole and Russ mentioned how much fun they had at the aquarium.











 
The girls got these cool necklaces at the gift shop -- I never even stop at the gift shop, but we ran into my Mom, sister, sister in-law and their kids going in as we were exiting and everything was on sale too so I let them each pick one thing and the necklaces were really cool they came with a clam in a can of water that they opened up to find a pearl and then with these little charms to place the pearl in, Lila got a dolphin and Ellie got a turtle.

Since we ran into my family at the aquarium we planned to have a little get together Saturday morning so the kids could play and it went well, we had fun playing games, snacking on more food, everyone played a couple of rounds telephone charades, and of course there was baby loving.

Saturday night Steve got a little light headed and dizzy. I think he was tired from staying up late and watching movies with his Mom and Lexi -- they got to sleep in a little more than Steve so I think his body was telling him he needed sleep. Marcus however didn't know to leave Daddy alone and convinced him to read his favorite Elephant & Piggy books to him (Should I Share My Ice Cream is his absolute favorite I think he has it memorized).

Steve's parents headed back to Stephanie's early this morning so they could help her with her kids for a couple of more days before they flew back on Tuesday. Our kids were all sad when they woke up and started getting ready for school and noticed Grandpa & Grandma weren't here, but we are sure glad it worked out for them to come visit us. We are grateful for them and the opportunities that we have to spend time with them.