Monday, April 20, 2020

Schedules

It's been stated before how much I like to schedule things. So the first week the kids were home we began working on routines and I, you guessed it started scheduling. It's just a notebook piece of paper that I make a list of the chore I'd like to get done that day and an activity we can do as a family. You can see there are arrows for when things shift around.























Friday, I had a talk with the girls about goals and schedules because they are really doing well at school and getting things done quickly and we're almost done with the Marvel series (which has been a fun distraction and bonding experience -- Lila is a lot of fun to watch movies with and she picks up on the littlest things). So they have a lot of free time. I told them that they should make goals of what they want to accomplish during this period of time and then make a schedule to help them accomplish it. I told them I would be happy to help them schedule their days, but then neither of us would be happy because they probably wouldn't like my schedule and I'd be unhappy they weren't sticking to it. 

Since then I've seen them both working on schedules. Ellie started setting her alarm and getting up at 7:15 and practicing her instruments and this is my girl who likes to sleep in. She also has made a goal to contact a member of her young women's class each day to just say hi and see how they are doing. Lila has also been working on a schedule and I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with how on top of it she has been with logging on to her zoom school meetings and dance classes without any reminders from me. I would like to see Lila reading some more so I challenged her to finish 2 books before we watch Spiderman Far From Home. Life is good and we're just trying to make the best of bizarre circumstances that occur during a pandemic.