Sunday, June 21, 2020

Father's Love

We went to Idaho this weekend to celebrate Father's Day with my parents. We got out the kayak and went out and we also went out in the boat Friday. Andrew was exclaiming, "The most awesomest day ever!" while he was out in the tube. We taught Marcus the signs and he rode the ski trainer for a half of a loop then gave us the kill it sign, 😂 but he loved the tube!






That evening we carried in mattresses into the bunk room so the girls could sleep out there. The next day we installed blinds because they said the sun woke them up at 5:30am. 😂











Steve actually got to sleep in a bit on Saturday with Marcus and I had breakfast burritos made when they came upstairs. Knowing it would probably not happen again, "I said Happy Father's day. Enjoy the morning because who knows if you can sleep in again." Marcee and Anson came over and the boys played with squirt guns while Marcee and I chatted. Then we all went boating again, we had a few extra adventures this time. Anson threw the rope while on the ski trainer (like his Dad does when he's surfing) and then put his hands in his pockets and then we hit some big waves from another boat and he went flying off. He was a trooper and swam to the rope. I guess Marcus was doing a no hands trick while on the tube (I was in finishing dinner when this one happened) and he went somersaulting out. Steve said he was crying and upset and I got a play by play when he walked in, "Dad gave me his hand and pulled me out of the water, then hugged me in a towel, and then gave me two towels to dry off".
















Sunday morning, we all slept in a little. I told the boys to come give Daddy kisses because it was Father's Day. Andrew did, but Marcus refused. Then at breakfast Marcus was upset he was sitting by Daddy and not me and I said, but it's Father's Day and you need to show Daddy how much you love him and he said, "I love Daddy zero." Ouch! After breakfast we picked up and changed sheets because Mimi is having Grandma Irene and her girls over for the girls weekend they couldn't travel for. Then we had a sweet sacrament service before Mimi and Grandpa spoke at their ward's virtual devotional via zoom. Then Jake and Marcee came out and my boys really wanted to help Jake put together this arm for his digital fish finder. We played a card game, visited, and then left for home so Mimi could take a nap before her next guests arrived.











When we got home Ellie gave Steve a basketball garbage can for his office she had made and Andrew crafted this cute card that actually had Steve skiing down a mountain. Then he played catch with the boys and off to bed everyone went. It was a lovely weekend and we definitely love Steve a lot more than zero. 😂💕 Thanks for being a wonderful father and companion. I couldn't ask for a better person to be "stuck" with!