Saturday, April 7, 2018

Lila's 9th Spa-aah Party

Once again Andrew was up in our room - he's an early riser no matter the circumstance so when we heard the girls come upstairs Andrew took her her present to give to her.












She's been wanting a "Hatchimal" since Christmas and I think she was surprised because I kept saying no. They played with it all morning and got the animals (it was an egg with twins) to hatch before breakfast.

She had requested french toast for breakfast and I found this delicious cinnamon swirl bread at Trader Joes so we used that and had a yummy breakfast. Then we got ready for the day and I started frosting cupcakes for her party.

This year was a friend party and Lila wanted to have a spa party. It was fabulous. They sent me the invitations to use, said they would have little goody bags so we met here for cupcakes and presents and then went to the spa and had a terrific time.















They got their face, hands, and feet rubbed and their finger and toe nails painted while I relaxed with a hot wrap on my neck. :) It was really a great time. Lila was totally chilled and got to stay on the table and get massaged two times--she was in heaven. We dropped the girls at their homes after we were finished.

Then we came home and cooked up some pizza to have with Nessa and crew and another round of cupcakes (oreo cupcakes per Lila's request).











We watched a movie when they left and then put the boys to bed and then I helped her type up a thank you note to each of her friends and we attached a couple of pictures. I think it was truly a good day. She wanted chicken and waffles for dinner but since we had company for dinner I told her I'd make it for Sunday dinner and she was excited. It's so funny that this is the second time she has asked me for chicken and waffles since seeing the kids on Master Chef Junior make them. Happy Birthday sweetie! You truly are a delight and we love to watch you learn and grow which includes speaking a second language none of us understand, learning to ride your bike and just be a pro at it now, and my favorite is watching you dance down the mountain as you ski. You are very tender hearted and we love you!