Way back in January Lila did a Chinese calligraphy club at the school. She loved it and the teacher was great. They moved the last day of the club to the Friday we were leaving for Sun Valley so they could enter some of their artwork into an exhibit at the Salt Lake library. So we delayed our leaving for Sun Valley so she could attend (and so Steve could finish painting the basement--whew I cannot mention enough how glad I am to have that done). I tried to schedule a time so we could go down and see the exhibit, but it never quite worked out (the library was closed on the day we could go or weather). Well, today Lila came home with a couple of awards from the exhibit. She was so excited. She got these certificates, a nice calligraphy brush and ink, a Chinese calligraphy book to practice in, a t-shirt, and some Confucius bookmarks. I'm so proud of her dedication to learning Chinese.
Summer Fun
11 years ago

