Saturday, December 8, 2018

Cute Cute Kids

I'm really proud of my kids. This year as we've been preparing for Christmas it has really touched my heart how they have thought of others first. Andrew wants to make something for the girls and wants get Marcus this car pez dispenser he knows he likes (now if I can only find one in the stores or online -- no luck so far). Ellie started crocheting a scarf for the bus driver to help keep him warm on these cold mornings and then decided to make some for friends. Lila also has been crocheting scarves for teachers and friends. We are going through a lot of yarn here, but I love it. They haven't made huge lists of things they want -- I even had to ask Lila what she told Santa she wanted at the ward party the other night because I've asked the kids a couple of times and I get responses like a sketch pad or LOL dolls or I don't really know. Love them to pieces for thinking of others first.

Also last week both the girls got awards at school. Lila was given an "Acts of Kindness Citation". And Ellie received the student of the month award from the music department and is going offsite to a Mexican restaurant Orlando's for lunch on Monday. She is super excited. Also funny note--her grades at the midterm point are pretty similar to what they were at the end of the first term. Her math grade is an 89.56 which rounds up to an A- where as at the end of the first term it was an 89.47 which came out to be a B+. When we pointed it out she couldn't believe that 3 one-hundredths of point kept her from getting an A- first term. She's doing good at managing her homework and keeping on top of things and we're proud of her.

We had a couple of festive parties at the end of the week. Thursday, Steve and I went out to dinner with his colleagues and spouses. Then Friday night was the ward party where we walked the Layton Christmas lights and then went back to the church for dessert and socializing. Steve and I were in charge of the kid movie corner so we spent our night there watching some fun Christmas shorts with all the kids. Andrew thought it was great to stay up late and watch movies, but he was super tired and it threw off his schedule the rest of the weekend. Marcus loves the Christmas lights and always says, "Oh it's beautiful so beautiful." Although he did get cold because he refused to put on his hat and gloves -- we had to force his coat on him while he screamed. Good times! :)